LYNAS Home Security Rebates
Make safety and security improvements to your property to improve overall neighborhood safety.
Rebate Program Summary
To provide an incentive for residents to make security enhancements, The Lynnhurst Neighborhood Association (LYNAS) will provide a rebate for the first $100 in expenses for eligible improvements per address per calendar year.
Rebate Eligibility, Criteria and Process
All residential properties in the Lynnhurst neighborhood, both owned and rented, may receive a rebate. Multiple applications may be submitted, but the total of rebates for any address is limited to $100 per property per calendar year. Total program funding is limited to $5,000 per year. Rebate applications will be processed and paid in the order received until funding is exhausted for each calendar year.
Property owner should purchase and install product, complete online LYNAS Rebate form (see below) and attach itemized receipt(s) and a photo of completed work for reimbursement up to the $100 maximum rebate.
LYNAS verifies compliance and issues a rebate check. LYNAS retains all submitted forms and attachments. If a rebate is denied, a resident may bring an appeal before the LYNAS.
Eligible Improvements include, but not limited to:
- Exterior security/motion lighting fixtures including any necessary wiring and electrical work
- Exterior steel security doors, including garage access doors
- Deadbolt locks on exterior doors, including garage access doors
- Interior camera systems
- Video doorbells
- Exterior cameras located on the residence or garage
- Window or sliding door security locks or security restraints, glass break sensors, etc.
- Security bars on garage windows or on windows not facing the street
- Initial installation of a home security system/service (but not the monthly monitoring fees)
- Storm or combination doors not of the all-steel “security” type, even if lockable
- Rental charges
- Personal installation time or “sweat equity”
- Monthly monitoring or service fees
- Batteries, light bulbs, fire extinguishers or other consumables
Online application requires a Google account. If you are having difficulty with the online application or have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.